PRICE: $119.00 US
Younique was created in 2012 By Derek Maxfield and Melanie Huscroft. They are brother and sister and both have business and marketing backgrounds. They teamed up when Melanie wanted to create a direct sales company focusing on empowering women. Not only do they create makeup and facial products but they also created the Younique Foundation which is a home supporting women who have been sexually abused as children.
Pros & Cons
1. All Younique Products are scientlfically designed using only natural products
2. The makeup is highly pigmented. You only need use a small amount so no need to refill your supply one a month.
3. Because the products are natural, there is no skin irritation or side effects for any skin type.
4. You can purchase a presenters kit for $119 US which gives you approximately $4-500 worth of products and if you decide not to proceed as a presenter, the product is yours.
5. Younique provides all the promotional material and a website link for you.
6. You can become part of the much bigger picture, supporting the foundation.
7. Last but not least, their “Love It” Guarantee. If not 100% satisfied, money refunded except shipping.
1. The product pricing deters a lot of people before they can experience the product.
2. When they have promotions or new products, it seems they have some trouble meeting demand or at least in a timely manner.
Tools and Training
As I stated in the Pro’s, the promotional material and website are provided for you. All you need to do is post the sales material to your social media page and add your own sales talk. The corporate website does have videos on how to apply the products.
The corporate site does have a support page which aids both presenters and customers. There is a search portion that allows you to ask a specific question and see what others have done/said. They do have the makeup tutorials.
The greatest support probably comes from your sponsor and other presenters.
The price to join and become a presenter is reasonable enough and you certainly get your money’s worth in product.
Promotional giveaways at online parties is probably the best way to get the product into the hands of potential customers who otherwise would not spend the money. There is very little available under $20.
My Take on Younique
The Company as a whole has my vote. Not only are they striving to provide a good product but in the background are accomplishing something much bigger, not only through the foundation but by empowering their presenters.
They may have some work to do when fullfilling sale orders, or maybe that in itself is a sales tactic.
What I see, is a lot of stay-at-home moms filling their social needs through having online parties and doing lives on facebook where they can communicate with others while making an income. Like any business, with some dedication and hard work, it doesn’t take long to reach their 30% commission structure. There are also other percentages paid at different levels.
All in all I would rate this company and online business a 4 out of 5.